I am not really one for cakes, well baking them. I have done far better with bread, pies and even pastries. However recently I have found a new interest in a different kind of baking. It has even added a rather interesting dimension to my own cooking.
The this recipe I find to fir both sides. Similar to making a sort of bread as well as being extremely delicious. I found that this was also a great size for two to four people. In fact I would even have it as a morning tea type cake. Just scrumptious really.
I hope you enjoy making the cake and do let us know how yours came out.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 passionfruit (granadilla)
- 110 grams eggs (about 2 chicken eggs)
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla essence
- Add the baking powder and 1 cup of flour to the mixture and stir well
- Add the pulp from 2 1/2 passionfruit and mix it through
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C
- Add the remaining flour and milk to the mixture and stir it all in
- Oil a regular sized loaf tin and place the mixture in the tin
- Allow baking for 40 min
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes
- While the cake cools place the remaining passionfruit pulp in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of icing sugar until you have a thickish consistency, making your passionfruit glaze
- Once the cake has cooled, cover the top of the cake with the passionfruit glaze